Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dreamers


When I went looking for answers to the following question, “If you had unlimited resources and money and could buy any car you could possibly want, what would it be? What would it look like and why?” I was surprised at the results. I discovered that my readers were dreamers or just someone who really did not care about what they drove. I know that I am a dreamer because I want a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. Some others were just as dreamy.
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport

Norma T. first said that she wanted a BMW 745 Li because she always thought they were beautiful cars. Except hers “would be white with completely blacked out windows,” however, when I was a kid it was a Ferrari Testarosa just because it was at the time the fastest car” out there. In addition, Marty Deiters of Anderson stated, “a 1976 Chevrolet Corvette, always wanted one since I was 10.” Marni S. said that she “loves Impalas” and that she wants “a bright purple one with chromed out everything, slammed to the ground (three tortillas off the ground) and a white convertible rag top.” 

1968 Opel Gt
Carl D. of Cincinnati would love to have a 1966 Studebaker Avanti ii because it was labeled as “fastest production car in America” as he described the car. In addition, Stephen B of Anderson, Ohio said, “I would love to have a 1968 Opel GT. If you look at it, it bears an uncanny similarity to the corvette, but it’s really the headlights that get me on this car.”

Since I come from a car loving family, I decided to ask some family members the same question. James K of Cincinnati is a true dreamer. He wants a 1967 Shelby or a 1969 Camaro in nut brown with a candy coat with black racing stripes going from hood to the deck in the back complete with custom racing tires and wheels. My brother, Jimmy, also wants a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport or a Ferrari F50.

However, some readers just did not care for a fancy pants car. In most cases, they were more concerned with the amount of rust or lack thereof and the ability of their car to get them from point a to point b without failure.

1 comment:

  1. That Bugatti is really pretty. With infinite money, I'd have to have a rather large garage. I like the Lamborghini Countach or Diablo. Candy apple red, of course. I like the old MGs that sat just inches from the ground. I really like seeing the new concept cars and wish they would go right into production instead of staying show pieces.

    ReplyDelete